Advance Practice Professionals (APP)
WVU Medicine is seeking Advanced Practice Professionals to support its growth and expansion in multiple lines of service. Opportunities exist across multiple specialties, inpatient and outpatient, for both Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Openings may vary but opportunities can exist in the following areas:
- Behavioral Medicine
- Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care/Student Health
- Family Medicine
- Heart Institute
The Advance Practice Professional (APP) is an individual with clinical skills in the care of patients in the respective area of practice. The APP completes comprehensive patient health evaluations in collaboration with the appropriate clinical/faculty team. The APP assesses, and coordinates the educational and psychosocial needs of the patient and caretakers. The APP develops and reviews the plan of care with the other members of the clinical team, participates in directing that care, and coordinates discharge planning (as applicable). The APP participates in the education of residents and medical/nursing students and performs diagnostic procedures and therapeutic procedures.
Education, Experience, Licensure:
For Nurse Practitioner:
- Master’s Degree in Nursing with certification as an advanced practice registered nurse is required.
- Licensure, or eligibility for licensure, as a professional Registered Nurse and Advance Practice Registered Nurse in West Virginia required
For Physician Assistant:
· Bachelor’s Degree as a Medical/Surgical (as applicable) Physician Assistant is the minimum degree required. Masters level education as Medical/Surgical (as applicable) Physician Assistant preferred.
· Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Physician Assistant (PA) training program required.
· Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants required.
· Must be licensed or eligible for licensure by the WV Board of Medicine.
For more information, please contact us: